Greenworks is a brand that is driven by innovation and is a brand targeting DIYers and people who have a passion and love for gardening. Greenworks believes in providing the world with greener, cleaner, and smarter solutions.
The company’s product line includes 24V, 40V, 60V, 80V and 82V outdoor power equipment which are battery-powered and also a comprehensive line of reel mowers and corded equipment. Greenworks Tools distributes the Greenworks branded products, other private label products, and products of other OEMs. Their electric lawnmower ranked #1 on our list of the best affordable push lawnmowers.
Greenworks Tools makes use of state-of-the-art technology in order to deliver optimal performance and power that can be compared to gas-powered tools without the noise, vibration, fumes, and mess that is usually associated with gas-powered products. Greenworks has the perfect tool for every kind of job.
In-Depth Review of the GreenWorks 24V Compact Drill
The GreenWorks 24V Compact Drill with Lithium-Ion Batteries is a fantastic battery-powered tool for both a DIYer as well as a professional. The cordless drill driver is powered by lithium-ion batteries and packs a powerful punch and provides some serious power. The batteries feature a status indicator gauge which is an extremely useful feature. The drill is equipped with a 2-speed motor that produces a maximum torque of 498-inch lbs.
The drill driver is powered by a 24-step clutch and it also features a trigger that has a variable-speed control. The drill also has a ½-inch keyless chuck and is equipped with an LED light that allows you to see clearly in dark areas or in dim light conditions.
The GreenWorks 24V Drill has a cushioned over-mold grip that makes your hold on the tool comfortable. The drill is fairly lightweight and this allows you to use it throughout the day without any fatigue. Overall, the GreenWorks 24V Drill is an excellent buy if you are a homeowner and is ideal for all your projects around your home and will get the job completed.
Features of the GreenWorks 24V Compact Drill
- Cordless battery-operated drill driver
- Mid-handle grip
- Weight: 6.8 lbs
- 2-speed (0-450 / 1-1700 RPM)
- 24-step clutch adjustment on the keyless plastic chuck
- 498 inch-lbs maximum torque
- LED light inbuilt
- G24 24 volts lithium-ion battery (rechargeable)
- Comes with two 2.0 Ah batteries and charger
- Grip with cushion over-mold
Pros and Cons
Greenworks tools are wonderful for all your DIY projects and small tasks around your home and the GreenWorks 24V Compact Drill is indeed a fantastic addition to your tool repertoire.
About Greenworks Tools
Leaders in outdoor battery-powered tools, Greenworks Tools are manufacturing of power tools for landscaping professionals as well as DIY consumers. Greenworks Tools was started in Canada in 2007 by its CEO, Mr. Yin Chen, who converted power equipment into battery-operated tools.
The global headquarters of Greenworks is based in Changzhou, near Shanghai in China and all the products of the Greenworks product line are manufactured at their state-of-the-art production facility located in Changzhou. The regional office of Greenworks for Asia, Europe, and the Middle East is based in Malmo, Sweden and the regional office for the United States and Canada is located in Mooresville, North Carolina. The company’s new R&D facility is in Jönköping in Sweden.
Greenworks operates through its subsidiary network based all over the globe and it has its R&D and production capabilities within the Globe Group. Greenworks controls the entire logistics and supply chain and is thus able to guarantee quality and efficiency while meeting its customer requirements. The vision of Greenworks is to be a global leader in the industry by the year 2020.
All new products from Greenworks come with a 4-year warranty against all manufacturing defects and for 90 days when used for commercial purposes. The reconditioned Greenworks products come with a 30-day warranty (from date of shipping) against all manufacturing defects under normal usage. Greenworks may repair, replace or give you a refund of the amount paid for the defective product or defect due to damage while shipping.
If the company accepts to take a return under the warranty, the damaged or defective product can be returned only after a call is placed and a return is authorized by Greenworks. Batteries included with the products come with a 1-year warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
Shopping for Cordless Battery-Powered Drills
A cordless battery-powered drill is a very important and useful tool. It is a fantastic and versatile tool that you can depend on for your large projects such as remodeling your kitchen or building your deck to smaller jobs such as assembling furniture, installing your fittings, etc.
Today, most cordless drills are battery-operated and are powered by lithium-ion batteries, which deliver enhanced power and ensure longer runtimes.
Features a Good Cordless Drill Must Have
Some of the features that a good battery-powered drill must have are:
- Suitable Power: The cordless drill that you buy should offer sufficient power. A compact model is sufficient for most of the DIY tasks around the home and they are lightweight and inexpensive too.
- Long Runtime: Select a drill that has lithium-ion batteries as they weigh less and also provide a longer runtime compared to nickel-cadmium batteries. Lithium-ion batteries usually provide full power till the battery completely runs out. However, if your drill makes use of lithium-ion batteries, then ensure that it is equipped with a battery status indicator that indicates the battery life left, otherwise if the battery is completely discharged, it cannot be recharged.
- Quick Recharge: Look for a drill that has batteries which can recharge quickly such as lithium-ion batteries, which can recharge in just around 15-60 minutes. This will help to reduce downtime due to stopping in order to recharge often.
- Adjustable Speed: Your drill should have an adjustable speed, as different jobs require different speeds. For instance, you require more torque to drive screws, whereas, for drilling holes, more speed is required. So, it’s a good idea to look for a drill with 2 speeds.
- Comfortable Use: The drill that you select should be lightweight so that it can be maneuvered easily, it should be well-balanced and the grip should feel comfortable when you hold it.
- Features: Look for a drill that has convenient features such as a battery gauge, storage for extra bits, LED light, belt hooks, carrying cases, etc.
- Warranty: Usually, most drills come with a 1-year warranty. However, many top-end models come with 3-year, 5-year or even lifetime warranties. Ensure that the drill that you buy comes with a warranty and the warranty covers the battery also, as batteries are usually the first parts to fail.
Overall, GreenWorks 24V compact drill is a great choice for most people. It is affordable, yet it features lithium-ion battery and adjustable speed control. If you are looking for cheaper options, check out our guide to picking the best cordless drill under $50.