Quality is one of the main factors that influence your buying decision in the case of any product. So, too, for inverter generators. An inverter generator of good quality that gives you great performance, is reliable, easy to handle, compact, and that fits your budget, is quite honestly the inverter generator of anyone’s dreams! Well, how about making your dream a reality? Say hello the Honda “EU2000i”!
Another one of the 100 million brilliant and innovative power products that the house of Honda has given to the world in its 50 years of experience in the field, the Honda “EU2000i” is functional and efficient without compromising on its comfort while in use (yes, Honda makes more than just cars and bikes!). Whether you want to use it indoors or outdoors, this inverter generator gives you a smooth power flow and could be the answer to your power needs. Considering that Honda has been and still is a leader in 4-stroke engine tools with innovative generators that range from 1,000 to 10,000 watts, it is no surprise that the EU2000i is a fuel efficient, low-emission, environmentally-friendly and highly recommended machine. In this article, we review the inverter generator, giving you a complete breakdown of its features, pros, and cons to letting you know what exactly makes it such a hot sell!
The Features of the Honda EU2000i
Honda’s power tools have earned the company the distinction of having the largest gross revenue in sales in the United States, with an income of nearly $2.5 billion! They also rank first in terms of market share, owning around $1.4 billion in share revenue and selling approximately 6 million units per year. Given this impressive track record, you can definitely expect the Honda EU2000i to be a success; something its features only serve to reaffirm!
- Noise Dampening System: The inverter comes with a two-tiered noise dampener that keeps the machine operating between -53 to -59 dB, making it one of the quietest generators in the market. This makes it highly ideal for camping trips.
- Oil Alert Warning System: The machine comes equipped with a safety system that shuts the engine down at the smallest sign of oil issues or critically low levels of oil. Absence or insufficiency of oil can damage the inverter generator.
- Eco-Throttle: The “Eco-Throttle” feature is Honda’s trademark fuel-saving technology that works by adjusting the engine’s speed to its optimum level in correlation to the actual load. This lets the machine run for an amazing 9 and a half hours on just 1 gallon of fuel!
Parallel Operation Capability: This means that two inverter generators of the same series (EU series) can be linked in parallel, doubling the load capacity in situations of increased demand (such as for using the microwave, lights, and television altogether).
- Advanced Inverter Technology: The EU2000i comes with Honda’s patented advanced inverter technology wherein the microprocessor controls the operations of all or most sensitive electronic appliances. This gives users a clean and stable power source.
- An Extra DC Outlet: As adapters need to be bought and charge separately, Honda’s additional 12V DC outlet is great for battery changes.
- Spark Arrester: The EU2000i comes equipped with a USDA spark arrester that prevents the starting of accidental fires.
Additionally, it is important to keep in mind that the inverter generator is also EPA and CARB compliant, making it highly eco-friendly. It is lightweight (less than 47 pounds), has a starting power of 2,000 watts (that stabilizes at 1,600 watts), has a fuel-efficient air-cooled 4-stroke overhead valve engine, and multiple other features like automatic voltage regulator and overloaded circuit-protected outlet. To sweeten the deal, Honda offers a top-to-bottom warranty of 3 whole years.
The Pros of the Product
Given its amazing specifications and great technology, the Honda EU2000i has many pros, such as:
- Unmatched manufacturer’s warranty of 3 years.
- Weighing less than 47 pounds, the inverter is easily one of the lightest power products out there and as a result, is convenient and easy-to-handle.
- Due to its two-tiered noise dampening technology, it is one of the quietest inverter generators available, making it ideal for camping trips and other formal events where the noise of a generator can really be off-putting!
- A good lifespan due to its design and warranty.
- Fuel-efficient .
- Low on emissions and highly environmentally-friendly.
- Great customer support offered by Honda.
Given these pros, it’s easy to see just why the EU2000i is one of the most sought-after inverter generators in the market. However, much as we wish it was so, nothing’s perfect (except maybe Angelina Jolie but even that’s only physically!) which means this great product also comes with its own limitations.
The Cons of the Product
Some of the cons of the EU2000i are:
- The product lacks a fuel gauge.
- Unsuited for powering heavy-duty tools or appliances, like an electric saw.
- Oil changing and checking are difficult due to the lack of an oil extension tube, which makes regular maintenance a pain.
- No LCD display to easily monitor hours, volts used, and the power use.
- Can be slightly expensive depending on your budget.
The Last Word
Great for a wide range of appliances and tools, the EU2000i is indeed one of the best portable power sources for residential, recreational, or commercial uses. With a starting power of 2000 watts and a stable amount of 1600 watts while in operation, this machine is a force to reckon with and can easily power your refrigerator, blender, television and oven, and all at once! Safe, efficient, convenient, reliable and with a great warranty, this inverter generator is definitely one of the best that money can buy.
However, do keep in mind that it isn’t suited for all appliances. This can be worked around by using the device’s parallel capabilities. Also, while it may seem expensive, the device’s fuel efficiency makes the investment worth it in the long run. Given all of this, it is no wonder that the Honda EU2000i has amassed fans on a global level.