Husqvarna has been in the business of manufacturing power tools for over the last 60 years and their products are reliable, sturdy and durable. The product range of Husqvarna comprises a wide range of chainsaws suitable for a variety of cutting applications.
The Husqvarna 455 Rancher sits on top of the line up of the chainsaw products and is one of the top-end “all rounder” chainsaws, which tend to combine efficiency, light weight, and ease of use.
Whether you’re looking for a chainsaw for use at home or for use on the farm, the Husqvarna 455 Rancher is the perfect buy. Although the chainsaw has a professional grade build and has several features, it is still targeted at the homeowner, rancher or farmer rather than for use as a commercial machine, as it lacks the extra features and the raw power that make chainsaws robust and durable for commercial use.
Nevertheless, this high-quality professional-grade chainsaw is quite rugged and versatile and has an assortment of features which make it an excellent buy. And, it is capable of any kind of cutting jobs around your home or your farm.
The Husqvarna 455 Rancher has been designed to provide power and comfort. The chainsaw is loaded with features that make your cutting a whole lot easier. The fast cutting speed of the machine allows you do plenty of cutting in a very short time.
The chainsaw has a 20-inch bar and a powerful 55.5 cc engine. The Husqvarna 455 Rancher is equipped with an X-Torq engine that provides excellent fuel-efficiency and economy, reduced emissions and the cutting experience is very efficient.
It is very easy to start and is quite lightweight. The chainsaw is equipped with an excellent inertia brake that helps to prevent kickback. The anti-vibration technology of the chainsaw helps to reduce vibrations and prevents fatigue, offering greater comfort while you work. Although this chainsaw cannot handle professional grade heavy-duty cutting like felling trees on a regular basis, the 455 Rancher chainsaw is still an excellent buy for average cutting jobs and you definitely will find it difficult to get a better option in a similar price range.
One drawback of the Husqvarna 455 Rancher, however, is that the tank capacity is quite small i.e. 14.88 fl. oz., requiring you to refuel it around every 30 minutes. Nevertheless, 455 Rancher unit offers very high-quality performance.
While the chainsaw is pretty light for its class, it is quite heavy compared to smaller models. So 455 Rancher may not be ideal for limbing, as you will get tired very easily. However, it is a perfect machine to have around for felling of trees and cutting firewood. The 455 Rancher chainsaw is ideal for cutting trees as it has felling marks that are molded on the cover, which allow you greater accuracy and precision while using the chainsaw for felling trees.
The Husqvarna 455 Rancher is quite inexpensive for the high quality of the chainsaw, which makes it a fantastic value for money buy. This semi-professional chainsaw is among the most popular top-end models of chainsaws and is ideal for homeowners, ranchers, landowners, and farmers.
Is the Husqvarna 455 Rancher Chainsaw the Correct Buy for You?
If you’re a farmer or a homeowner and most of your work involves cutting plenty of firewood and/or felling large trees, then the Husqvarna 455 Rancher chainsaw is definitely a value for money buy for you. The chainsaw is well-designed and has a sturdy construction that offers excellent features and fast cutting speeds. And, the best part is that all this is available to you at a very affordable price.
The Husqvarna 455 Rancher chainsaw is quite a popular product and has several satisfied customers and excellent customer reviews. So, if you spend a lot of time cutting wood, then this chainsaw is perfect for you. The chainsaw also comes with a warranty for any repairs or replacement.
Features of 455 Rancher Chainsaw
- Equipped with an X-Torq engine that reduces fuel consumption by 20% and emissions up to 60%.
- LowVib System of the chainsaw helps to lessen the vibrations while in operation and also reduces fatigue.
- Quick release air filter allows easy cleaning and replacement whenever required.
- Choke/stop system allows convenient and easy starting while reducing the chances of engine flooding.
- Centrifugal air cleaning technology removes large debris and dust particles before they reach the air filter and also improves engine life.
- Ergonomic handle provides greater handling comfort and reduces fatigue.
- Chain tensioning system is side mounted for convenient access.
- Equipped with a sturdy 3-piece crankshaft.
- The oil pump is adjustable that lets you control the lubrication required depending on the requirement.
- Chain brake is inertia activated to reduce the risk of kickback and increase safety.
- Smart Start feature allows you to start the chainsaw with minimum effort.
- The air purge system helps to make the starting of the machine easier by clearing the air from the fuel system and the carburetor.
- Felling marks enable you to fell the trees with greater accuracy.
- The chainsaw is CARB compliant and that results in the improved life of engine air and reduce cleaning of the air filter.
- Dimensions: 41 x 9.5 x 20 inches
- Weight: 12.8 lbs (excluding chain and bar)
- Bar Length: 20-inches
- 2-stroke gas-powered air-cooled engine
- 3.5 HP 55.5 cc X-Torq engine
- Max. Cutting Speed: 9000 RPM
- Quick release air filter
- Choke/stop control
- 3-piece crankshaft
- Air injection
- Side mounted chain tensioner
So, if you have decided to buy a chainsaw for the cutting jobs around your home, farm or ranch, then it may be worth considering the versatile and rugged Husqvarna 455 Rancher for some quick cutting. However, it is a good idea to evaluate the various features of the chainsaw and their pros and cons vis-à-vis other models in the market before making your final decision. For example, Husqvarna also sells a smaller 240 2 HP 16-Inch 952802154 chainsaw, which is also worth considering.