There’s a certain classiness about boots, whether they’re formal boots or work boots. No other footwear can combine sophistication and ruggedness the way a good pair of boots can. If you’ve recently thought about getting yourself a pair of good boots or have decided to make the switch from your trainers to work boots, you’re in the right place!
One of the leading brands in the footwear industry, Thorogood is known for its reliability and consistent standards. The maker of high-quality boots and shoes, the company and its products have quickly gained worldwide attention and love for their sturdiness and excellent craftsmanship, cementing the brand’s place as an industry leader. Thus, what better than to gift yourself a pair from a quality brand? And if you’re worried about picking the right pair, don’t be. Today, we give you a lowdown on the best Thorogood boots that money can buy, and no, we don’t expect you to blindly trust us. We also tell you why you should consider shoes from this company, what to look for in a good pair of work boots, and the pros and cons of each of our chosen products.
A Little Bit about Thorogood
Like we said, we’re going to tell you why Thorogood should be your natural choice when it comes to getting yourself a pair of work boots, and what better way than to give you an introduction to the company?
Apart from the quality and standard of the products we’d mentioned earlier, Thorogood boots are also considered great investments because of the many features and innovative technology that is included in the products, such as Vibram rubber outsoles, blood-borne pathogen compliant barriers, Sympatex waterproof barriers, and Thinsulate Ultra insulation. Fancy? We think so too.
Another great reason to pick Thorogood is that the brand ensures that they think of as many types of customers as possible, which means that their line-up has a little something for everyone! Whether you’re a police officer, manufacturing employee, or a postal employee, Thorogood is the perfect answer to your work-boot-needs.
Other factors that can’t be discounted are the comfort and safety of the brand’s products. And who said work boots can’t be stylish? The company offers several designs for you to choose from which are lace-free, lace-up or equipped with zippers.
5 Best Thorogood Work Boots
|Image||Thorogood Boots Reviews||Best For||Amazon Price|
|Men’s Trooper 8” Side Zip Boot||Police officers, public service offers, EMTs, public safety officials, etc.||Check Price|
|Men’s American Heritage Steel-Toe Work Boot||Engineers, construction workers, contractors.||Check Price|
|Men’s Composite Safety Toe Gen Flex||Hikers, warehouse workers||Check Price|
|Men’s Heritage Safety Toe Work Boot||Electrical engineers, construction workers, industrial workers, and heavy machinery operators.||Check Price|
|Men’s 6” Moc-Toe Wedge-Heel Non-Safety Boot||Manufacturing and construction environments.||Check Price|
Thorogood Men’s Trooper 8” Side Zip Boot: The Best “Official” Boots
Designed as a perfect combination of comfort and quality, the Men’s Trooper is ideal for police officers, public service offers, EMTs, and other officials in the public safety field. With a shock-absorbing midsole, a slip-resistant and non-marking outsole, and a combination zipper (with Velcro inserts and lace-up feature), these boots can be easily removed and their fit adjusted.
- Leather compositions.
- Rubber outsole.
- 1-inch platform and 8.5-inch shaft (from arch).
- An ankle-high work boot with oil-tanned leather upper and high-shine polished toe cap and heel counter.
- Removable PU footbed with EVA cushion flex.
- Goodyear storm-welt construction.
- A spacer mesh lining that lets your foot breathe.
- EVA midsole (compression-molded) with 300 g heel insert made of gel.
Thorogood Men’s American Heritage Steel-Toe Work Boot: The “Handsome” Boots
Ideal for engineers, construction workers, contractors and people who work on construction sites, this rugged boot in tobacco-color leather and contrasting stitching is as easy on the eye as it is on your feet. The steel toe adds an extra level of protection, and along with its resistance to electric shocks, slippage, and the thick sole, these boots are the embodiment of ultimate safety and comfort. The additional ankle support and lacing feature keep your feet secure and steady while the removable shock absorption insert and comfort cushions let you stay on your feet for long hours without any fatigue or discomfort.
- Rugged oil-tanned leather upper.
- Protective steel toe.
- Compliant with all safety standards, such as ASTM.
- Cotton drill vamp lining for comfort.
- “MAXwear Wedge” outsole, “Ultimate Shock Absorption” insole, and “Poron 4000” cushion for extra comfort and traction.
- Engineered composite shank to support the underfoot.
- Resistant to shocks and slips.
- Goodyear storm-welt construction.
- Made of leather.
- Crepe sole.
- Shaft measurement of 6.5” from an arch.
- Removable footbed (Dual Density Ultimate Shock Absorption).
Thorogood Men’s Composite Safety Toe Gen Flex: The Best Outdoor Boots
Designed specifically for hikers and warehouse workers, this pair of boots from Thorogood is perfect for you if you love the great, big outdoors. With a sporty appeal, these composite safety toe work boots feature abrasion-resistant side and toe bumpers and are great for both work and play! The gel inserts (compression-molded) and the cushioned footbed ensure that there is efficient shock absorption to keep you comfortable the entire time you’re wearing these boots.
- Oiled full-grain leather upper.
- A 7-inch shaft from the arch.
- Compression-molded EVA with “Impact 300” gel heel inserts.
- Abrasion-resistant rubber toe and side bumpers.
- Composite Toe.
- “Gen Flex 2” dual-density rubber outsole for flexibility, traction, and durability.
- Removable EVA insole.
- Underfoot support.
- Comfortable spacer mesh lining for breathability.
- Goodyear storm-welt construction.
Thorogood Men’s Heritage Safety Toe Work Boot: The Best Comfort Boots
Ideal for electrical engineers, construction workers, industrial workers, and heavy machinery operators, the Heritage Safety Toe Work Boots are the epitome of comfort. With excellent shock-absorbing capabilities, these boots also protect your toes with the Moc safety toe. The fiberglass shanks offer additional support and keep you stable while the rubber wedge outsoles provide traction and a great grip!
- Rated for electrical shock resistance up to 18,000 volts
- Moc safety toe
- “Poron 4000” comfort cushion
- Removable PU footbed
- Full-grain oil-tanned tobacco leather
- Goodyear storm-welt construction
- Cotton drill vamp lining for comfort
- Fiberglass shanks provide stability
- Vibram rubber wedge outsole
Thorogood Men’s 6” Moc-Toe Wedge-Heel Non-Safety Boot: The Best “Sturdy” Boots
Ideal for both manufacturing and construction environments, the Non-Safety Boot is actually quite safe, featuring a Moc safety toe and slip-resistant sole. The leather construction results in great durability, while the removable footbed and comfort cushions can keep you comfortable the whole day.
- Leather construction
- Synthetic sole
- 6.5-inch shaft from arch
- Contrast stitching
- Moc toe and wedge heel
- Slip-resistant and oil-resistant PU “MAXwear” wedge outsole
- Eyelet-and-hook lacing
- Goodyear welt construction
- Cotton drill vamp lining
- Removable shock-absorption inserts
- “Poron 4000” comfort cushion
- Rubber midsole
- Engineered composite shank for support and stability
How to Pick the Right Pair?
When it comes to work boots, safety and comfort are the key influencing factors. A substandard pair will only end up giving you more problems such as foot pain and rashes, instead of protecting your feet like it’s meant to. A good pair of boots should be sturdy and protect you from any workplace hazards and fatigue while improving traction and stability on a range of different surfaces and environments.
Before we go on to talk about the boots themselves, it’s important for you to do one thing: assess your needs. The market is rich and full of options, which means there are many manufacturers offering different kinds of work boots and if you don’t know what needs exactly your boots are meant to satisfy, it could just lead to a world of confusion! Even worse, you could be swayed by a company’s excellent advertising of their latest offering and end up getting the completely wrong pair of boots for yourself.
Thus, focus on what you need. Find out if your work or project has any specific requirements such as safety features or material specifications. And remember that one size doesn’t fit all, so your buddy’s amazing new shoes may not be that amazing an option for you. Lastly, look for footwear that is compliant with the guidelines of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). This government agency sets guidelines that help ensure that workers wear the right feet protection when on duty.
Also, think about the following points and tips before you set out on your treasure hunt for the right work boots:
- Do your research in terms of your needs, any requirements your project or job has, and what different options are available to you.
- Your feet tend to swell through the day, so shopping for boots in the afternoon or early evening is a wise option. Buy boots that fit your feet when they’re at their largest, as this means more comfort.
- Ensure you’re wearing your socks while trying on new boots to find the right fit.
Prioritize comfort equally with safety.
Features to Look for in Work Boots
Work boots come with various features to ensure comfort and safety. Some of the features you should look out for are:
- Safety for Your Toes: There are three types of toe protection: composite, aluminum, and steel toes. Choosing one depends on your work requirements. Steel toes are the heaviest, most compact, and are capable of conducting temperature better than other safety options.
- Aluminum toes are lightweight but thicker than steel toes and are great if you’re looking for lightweight protection. Composite toes are made of either Kevlar, plastic, or carbon fiber. They are thick and bulky, though lighter than steel, and are great for metal-free environments.
- Metatarsal Guards: These guards help protect the upper foot and toes from the impact of any heavy falling objects.
Soles: There are a variety of soles used in boots, such as rubber outsoles, TPU outsoles, and
- EVA midsoles. Each of these is built for a specific function, such as rubber soles for slip-resistance, TPU for split-resistance and EVA midsoles for comfort and stability of the foot.
- Construction: There are three types of construction: cement, Goodyear welt, and other industry innovations. Cement construction refers to the cementing of the boot’s sole directly to the upper and is lightweight and flexible. However, the sole cannot be replaced and it can result in delamination. Goodyear welt construction is durable as the upper and inner soles are stitched together with a leather strip (“welt”). Such boots can be repaired or “re-soled”, extending their life. Apart from these, several industry innovations exist, such as those by KEEN Utility.
Ultimately, the boots you pick should ensure that your feet are safe and comfortable, without resulting in any abrasions, blisters, ingrowth of nails, or other foot conditions. Buy boots that are a good fit, yet not too snug, and never assume that they’ll eventually stretch to fit your feet. Leather will, but not your toe caps, so always buy boots with toe caps that fit right.
The Last Word
There’s no doubt that Thorogood is an industry leader. Like we said, the company has a little something for everyone, which probably explains its widespread popularity and acceptance. Whether you’re working in a tough construction site environment or a more mellow manufacturing site indoors, Thorogood boots are the perfect solution.
However, these boots aren’t magical, and by that, we mean that you still have to put in the required research and effort in picking out the right pair of boots. You can’t just buy any pair from the brand and hope it’ll do the trick! Make sure you assess your needs completely and then pick the one that’s ideal for you. But rest assured, whichever pair you do pick, you’re picking out a product that is the perfect combination of high quality, style, and effective functionality.